Information in English
Welcome to Münster (Hessen), a lovely town located in the vital Rhein-Main-region in the state of Hessen between the cities Frankfurt, Darmstadt and Aschaffenburg and close to Frankfurt International Airport. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us, preferably via e-mail. Some of our colleagues speak English and will be happy to assist you with
- Registration and passports
- Finding a kindergarten for your child
- Starting your business in Münster
- Planning and building permission for houses
- Death registration and funerals
To visit our city council (called „Rathaus“, located at Mozarstraße 8, 64839 Münster), you need an appointment. Please contact our service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice: Due to Coronavirus, you are required to wear a medical mask or FFP2 (KN95) mask iniside the building at all times.
Coronavirus/Covid-19: Information in English and other languages
- The website of the Robert-Koch-Institut, Germany’s central scientific institution for public health, is also available in English: www.rki.de/EN
- Germany’s Foreign Ministry offers information on travel restrictions, risk areas, testing, quarantine and more: www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en
- General information such as mask types, social distancing, quarantine, rules for sports, restaurants and more in the state of Hessen: https://hessenlink.de/8AkRf
- Information on vaccines and getting vaccination appointments in the state of Hessen: https://hessenlink.de/CoronaHMSI
- Watch videos in different languages: https://hessenlink.de/HMSI117
Looking for interesting things to explore in and around Münster?
The lobby of our „Rathaus“ offers a variety of brochures and maps, some also in English, to guide you to the most interesting spots in your free time. You can visit our small local museum to learn more about our rich town history which dates back to the 13th century. Our „Kulturhalle“ is a modern, professional venue for concerts, theaters, conferences and more (www.kulturhalle-muenster.de). The ARThaus in Altheim is another example for our rich, lively and international culture and art scene (www.rathaus-arthaus.de). Furthermore, you will find many clubs and associations: sports, music, choir, theater, nature, local history and many, many more. To find the right club for you, have a look at this site: https://www.muenster-hessen.de/sport-freizeit/vereine-verbaende/ Last but not least, Münster is nestled in a beautiful, rich landscape close to Odenwald, Spessart and Taunus where you can go biking and hiking in some of Germany’s most famous and wonderful nature parks.
We hope you will enjoy your stay in Münster!